Join our team of volunteers
As a volunteer of the Central Remedial Clinic, you can help make a difference to the lives of people with disabilities. We appreciate the contribution made by people who volunteer their time to assist others.
Our volunteers, through their talents, skills, personalities and life experiences, bring richness to the lives of those who attend the Clinic, to their families and to staff.
If you feel you have something to offer please phone the volunteer co-ordinator at +353 1 8542200.
What our volunteers do
We have lots of volunteers working in the Clinic including:
- Swimming – supporting adults or children in the water during swimming classes, under the guidance and supervision of a swimming teacher and a member of staff. Candidates must be competent swimmers
- Dining room – serving lunches to children and adults with disabilities and maintaining a clean environment
- Summer project – during the month of July, we look for volunteers to support children from 7 to 18 years of age, during indoor and outdoor activities and outings
- Fundraising – from holding collections in your local area to assisting with our major campaigns, our fundraising volunteers support all of the work we do to raise much needed funds for the clinic
- Others activities – from time to time, we need volunteers to help with specific projects, such as music, carpentry or art
What you will need
You will need to complete the following before you can help in the Clinic:
- Volunteer application form
- 2 references
- Garda clearance form
- Garda consent. This is needed for volunteers between 16 and 18 years of age
All forms are available from the volunteer co-ordinator.
We will also invite you for an informal interview to see what skills and experience you have to support our services.
To volunteer with the Clinic’s fundraising team, call 1800 612612.
For all other volunteering opportunities, call our volunteer co-ordinator on +353 1 8542200.