Dr. Ciaran Barry was the Medical Director of the CRC from 1964 until his death in 1991. The Dr. Ciaran Barry Research Scholarship was launched in his memory in 1994. This annual scholarship is reserved for a student with a disability and is open to any academic discipline.
“Dr. Ciaran Barry Scholarship 2020: Applications now closed”
- The scholarship is reserved for a student with a disability undertaking a post graduate degree (Masters or PhD)
- The scholarship is open to any academic discipline
- Applicants must be graduates of a recognised university or third level college. Candidates sitting their final examination may also apply
- All proposals must have a significant research component
- The scholarship covers one academic year up to a value of €5,000 and is not renewable
- Applicants must submit completed application forms and supporting documentation by 5.00pm on Friday 5th June 2020
- The continuation and termination of the scholarship will be at the discretion of the CRC
- On completion of a research project or thesis, the recipient of the scholarship must submit a PDF copy of the research project to the CRC. This may be referenced on the Central Remedial Clinic website. If access is requested, permission of the author will be sought. All publications or papers arising from the research will acknowledge funding from the CRC
- Recipients are expected to participate in any general publicity that may arise relating to the awarding of a grant
Eligibility: An Irish/EU citizen or registered in an Irish University for a postgraduate degree within the year of application (Masters or Phd)
Please Note: Dr. Ciaran Barry Scholarship: Applications are now closed.
A completed application form must be submitted, to include the following information:
- Proposal outlining the topic for research, proposed methodology, timescale, expected outcomes and funding requirements
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Confirmation from a recognised university or third level college that the candidate has enrolled in a post graduate course
- Details of the college and faculty to which the candidate has been accepted
- Letter of support from the applicant’s professor or academic supervisor
Note: Applications may be shortlisted based on information provided in the application form and candidates invited to interview
The scholarship is announced through the Central Remedial Clinic website (www.crc.ie) and a notice is circulated to disability officers in all third level colleges in the first quarter of each year.
For further information please email email@example.com
Dr. Ciaran Barry Scholarship: Applications are now closed.
To submit your application with the relevant supporting documents by 5.00pm on Friday 5th June 2020 please email firstname.lastname@example.org