Requesting information from the CRC

There are 2 ways to access records held by the CRC:

  • Data Subject Access Request - under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018

  • FOI Request - under the Freedom of Information Act 2014 (FOI)

Data Subject Access Request (DSAR)

You have the right under GDPR to:

  • request a copy of your personal data used by the CRC

  • have your personal data changed or deleted

These rights are not absolute. This means there may be situations where a request cannot be granted. For example, if a request would have a negative impact on another person’s rights.

The type of personal information you can request includes records about:

  • the care provided to you by the CRC

  • employment records if you are an employee of the CRC

You cannot request personal information about anyone else, including people who have died. Read how CRC's data subject access request process works.

Submit a DSAR to the CRC by emailing 

Contact CRC's Data Protection Officer (DPO) at: 

Read more about your rights under GDPR from the Data Protection Commission (DPC)

FOI Requests

You have the right under the FOI to:

  • access personal or non-personal (corporate) records

  • have official records changed or deleted if the information is incomplete, incorrect, or misleading

You can make a request in relation to any recorded information held by the CRC. The type of information you can request includes:

  • non-personal information

  • personal records

  • records relating to a person who has died

Submit an FOI request to the CRC by emailing 

Read more about freedom of information on and CRC's FOI obligations